i love the smell of gasoline in the morning

The night started innocent enough... potluck dinner at a friends house on the east side (which means taking the tunnel). I picked up a sushi tray at the market, where the cashier informed me of this documentary that she watched about getting worms from raw fish (nice talk). The hosts were very excited about a new toy they got, which they assured me would be the new Catch Phrase . First off, I have been called the Mary Murphy of Catch Phrase and I don't get siked for karaoke, so I was doubtful. It was entertaining to sit back, watch and laugh, but eventually I had to give in–not necessarily because I wanted to try it so much, but because I was tired of them begging me to. It was pretty rough at first, but I started to get into it mainly for the competitive factor... you were actually scored on your pitch, accuracy, etc. That, and a bottle of wine sealed my excitement. Towards the end of the night I got a call from a friend who needed some info., an address to be exact. She and her girlfriend were on some crazy detective mission and I was more than happy to oblige. Well, I would have been if my phone didn't then just die! My voice was horse and I was beat, so I decided to drive home, then I could recharge my phone and give her the digits.

I'm currently driving around my sisters old banged-up car because mine came to an untimely death on 95North. Running around all day, I lost track of the gas tank, which was well below "E". Of course it chose to call it quits on the 395 overpass at 2am and when I have no cell life! Being the superwoman i am, I contemplated pushing it. I figured if i could just get past the incline, I could cruise it down the ramp. Luckily, I ditched that idea. I thought about trying to flag someone down... maybe a cop. But since I probably reeked of wine, I ditched that one too. So, I got out and walked. It was almost a mile off the highway, down the ramp, pass Camden Yards and into the hood where I reside. It was freezing, but I was so heated about the situation, I thought if anyone messed with me, I could probably just rip them apart with my bare hands. I did meet a new neighbor (Aiden) who was getting off of work in Fed Hill, who kept me some company part of the way. I got home plugged my phone in with the intention of giving my girlfriend the info. she needed, but it was taking so long to charge that I pulled the sofa up to the outlet and passed out. I woke up early this morning and began to panic. I half expected my car to be towed or hit. I began to call everyone i knew in the city to come help, but since no one gets up before noon around here-it was useless. I called a cab company and after going to 2 gas stations, had him drive me to the end of the ramp by the stadium. I walked my butt up the ramp and prayed that my car would still be there. THANK GOODNESS, it was! I put my gallon of gas in and was back in business. Now with all that rush of adrenaline, I have no idea what to do with the rest of my day.

No comments: