Fornasetti Plate Art

I've seen these plates many times before and always thought they were cool, but after viewing Michael & Paul's House Tour today, I had the sudden urge to do research. I want, I want, I want! I need them all (!) or maybe just one (after seeing their pricey price tag).
According to several sources: Piero Fornasetti was born in Milan in 1913. He was a painter, interior decorator and designer. He is most famously known for this series (themes and variations). The series is based off of an image he found in a 19th century French magazine. The image is of Lina Cavalieri, an operatic soprano. "What inspired me to create more than 500 variations on the face of a woman?" asks Italian designer, Piero Fornasetti of himself. "I don't know," he admits, "I began to make them and I never stopped."

****************************I love obsessive people!*****************************
Below are a few of my favorites:
It's not easy to find your favorites to purchase, but some are available here and here.

No comments: