The Gingers and Daywalkers among us.

My first memory of making fun of Gingers was many years ago... Elementary School... Art Class to be exact. Not sure how the discussion came about, but the young 5th grade girls were huddled in the back of the room cleaning off paint brushes when the subject of red-heads arose. Never shy to voice my opinion, I'm all like, "Gross, red-headed boys are so not cute!" How was I supposed to know that my brunette art class teacher had a ginger son?!? Ugh, I was informed of that fact after it was obvious she was eaves-dropping in our conversation. What does a 5th grader know about recessive genes anyway? Here I am... Star Artist! Instantly demoted to Black Sheep. Since then I have lowered my voice and looked over my shoulder once or twice before making fun of Gingers. That's why I'm so very happy that... making fun of Gingers is now in fashion :)
Photobucket
My friend Finks and I were discussing Gingers at the bar recently. He has a thing for the 15% of Gingers that he believes are Hotties, but then discards the other 85% to the bottom of his hair color scale. I on the other hand can't really think of any "Hot" Ginger men. They immediately go to the bottom of my scale. Not that I'm opposed to dating one... I have, but most of the conversations with my GF's usually ended with, "Well, he is a Ginger..." All the Ginger-talk led to the "Ginger Kid" South Park episode which I had clearly missed the bus on. I suggested we pay the tab and immediately hit a computer to watch it. Freakin' hilarious! Daywalkers?!? What? I love learning new derogatory terms. Get schooled on Gingervitus here (Season 9, ep.11).
Photobucket
BTW: I think it's super sexy to see some salt/pepper grey mixed in any hair color.
Photobucket
*If Mr. Right came in Ginger-packaging, I'd be all for it. I would just cross my fingers and hope that my genes dominate.

No comments: