A Hearty Happy Hour

On a recent trip to Buffalo to visit Sweet Lips' rents, we had cocktails at an unassuming establishment called Vera Pizzeria. I honestly did not have high hopes for food or drink while in Buffalo, but this place changed my attitude. Besides ordering a Hot Buttered Rum to warm me up, I ordered  
Neptune's Trident, which consisted of:
  • Dark Spiced Rum
  • Elderflower Liqueur
  • House Made Grenadine
  • Coconut Water
  • Orange Spice Bitters
It's description (Spicy and bold with a surprisingly delicate balance) was accurate. I was really surprised by the addition of Coconut Water, which has been popping up all over the place as a way of rehydrating, but never have I seen it inserted into a drink that didn't have a tropical umbrella. It was a nice way to mellow out the spice and add some richness. May need to perform experiments of my own... I'll keep you updated on my scientific findings.

No comments: