Adios Melt-in-your-mouth sliders (tear/tear)


Hands down, my favorite appetizer in Baltimore is the Foie Gras & Kobe Beef Slider (with truffle aioli and red onion marmalade) at Salt. Unfortunately I was accosted with news that has made me rethink... Friday night as I'm walking to dinner in Federal Hill, I thought I was walking in the midst of a fight by the look of all the PoPo that were around, but it was in fact an anti-foie gras demonstration out in front of Corks (white linen restaurants). I would say it was a band of 10 or so crunchy-granola types with pictures of tortured ducks, picket signs and loud mouths. Apparently I've been totally oblivious to the practice of attaining foie gras, and even without doing much research, I knew this would end my love affair with Salt's Sliders ;(  Yeah, it sucks what they do to the ducks, but I think I'm more annoyed that I'll never get to taste my fave app again (at least with a clear conscience).

No comments: