That Hearty Day

We here at The Hearty Project are fans of the heart, so naturally we are fans of Valentine's Day. 

I'm really trying to think back on last year's Valentine's Day... I want to say maybe I got back with my ex for like a week around that time (so lame). So this year was the 1st solo year in ages and probably the best. Dudes are SO cliché. Red roses/chocolate/steak house, it's like a freakin' played-out script. If this makes you feel special than you deserve his lameass.

The following was my Vday schedule 2010:

  • 9:30am–Groggy and slightly hungover, I drag myself out of bed and into the shower
  • 11:00am–Arrive at church, grab a coffee and peanut cookie and find my family
  • 11:00am-12:00pm–Church service with topic of SEX, probably the only thing that kept me from shutting my eyes (too much sake). Pastor references several passages in the bible that refer to SEX and how wonderful and great it is, interspersed with video of the dude that wrote "The 5 Love Languages". The languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch. The theory is that you need to figure out your language and your partners language so that you can show each other love in the "format" that you most respond to. Makes sense to me... I'm just trying to figure out still which one I'd put first (hard decision: Words of Aff or QT???) –My sister also gives me this very sweet/mushy card during service that talks about the story of our lives and how I made her story even better in Barcelona... I tried not to tear up, my Mom asks to read it and of course waterworks
  • 12:30pm–Back home, check my email/facebook, lie on the couch and take a nap, texting back and forth with sister's about movie times
  • 2:00pm–Soup for late lunch (Italian Wedding)
  • 2:30pm–More couch time, seriously have not been home due to snow in over a week-so I feel like being lazy
  • 3:30pm–Leave house to head to movie theater
  • 3:45pm–Meet sister's and work friends at theater to watch Valentine's Day (of course)
  • 5:45pm–Contemplate if I liked the movie... hmm... it was cute (I guess), a lil too sweet for my taste, but good eye candy. In the parking lot, I notice that my back license plate is missing! ugh! Call Mom to b*tch about it.
  • 6:00pm-10:00pm–At home, busted out the paint to make a temporary tag, tried to stick it to the back (no-go), more email/facebook, lounging, chips and salsa, freshen up, try on multiple outfits in preparation for Latin dancing with the fam while listening to Marc Anthony and sipping on a Michael Phelps
  • 10:30pm–Meet family at club for Latin Night with live band.
  • 10:30pm-1:00am–a lil Salsa/Merengue/Reggaeton with the family (Mom/Stepdad/Aunts/Cousins/Sisters & Sisters work buddies). My Salsa was hella rusty but my stepdad is an amazing lead, definitely danced to Lady Gaga with a Merengue beat with my Mother and Sisters, 2 (maybe 3) Vodka/soda's with lemon
  • 1:00am-1:30am–Drive back to Bmore, contemplate meeting friends in Canton, decide against it since I'd prob only get one drink in before closing, suddenly realize how hungry I am, make a detour in Fed Hill to 711,-in hopes that they have those frozen White Castle cheeseburgers (no luck), I must settle for those taco roll things, 1st one was edible, 2nd one made me ill.
  • 2:00am–Pass out on the couch

No comments: