It's all about that subtle FU.

I had a hard time in college being too literal with my work. I've always had a very direct/blunt approach to art and to life in general. Some have called this aggressive, intimidating or just plain mean. I've been told that my demeanor has kept people from approaching me. I recently chatted it up with some college buddies and one of them told me his roommate had a crush on me but was too intimidated to "go there". I've heard instances like this before, but I was kinda annoyed at this one because I had a major crush on this dude back in the day. Oh well...

I've tried to work on my subtlety over the years. It's a true artform, can't say that I've mastered it. I think it'll be a life long process (like patience). I'm attracted to work and like to create work that has a nice healthy balance of sweet n' saucy, light n' dark, soft n' hard edges, humor mixed with honest sobering moments... This is how I like my men as well.

In a time where head-games are commonplace and one-upping is sport, isn't it nice to know where I stand? Believe me, I love a good game and I can play with the best of'em... I just choose not to.
That was Halloween '99? btw (not so subtle)

Thanks to Sly Fox for sending me a link to Locher's site, where FU is presented in such a sweet way. The following are a couple of my favorites:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In the same light... Here are a couple other pieces on my wishlist:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Crab Claw Necklace • Hummingbird Skull Necklace • Porcelain Beaver Skull • Bi-King Wall Mount

No comments: