need Vs. want

Current economy and recent encounters have made me consider the words need and want.

Several Tuesday's ago, I sat on my couch completely exhausted/totally sleep-deprived and already in my pj's at 8pm. As I waited for a much anticipated episode of LOST to air, I received a call from my neighbor (my LOST viewing buddy). A Lil Background: I completely geek out for this show! Have seen every episode/theory boards... Talking only allowed during commercials and no incoming calls/messages accepted. Apparently, I had agreed (over the weekend) to play at neighbor's 9pm softball game and skip LOST till the next day when we could watch it on the internet. I was apparently intoxicated at the time. 1st: nothing interrupts my LOST night, 2nd: I have not thrown a ball in years. To make matters worse, it was cold and had just stopped raining. Ugh! Neighbor is on the phone trying to do his best to convince me... "Come on, we had to cancel last time because we didn't have enough girls, I need you." I perk up, "Well... if you need me, then I will be there." I was already resolved before he called to keep my @ss planted on that couch. I had a myriad of excuses ready to give, but as soon as I heard "I need you"–I was up without hesitation.

Around that time... on a date that is getting a bit heated: Dude trying to pressure me into taking things further than I'd like them to go. Side Note: Really? Pressuring/intimidating/guilting a chic to sleep with you is so '05–grow up. Whores. All of you. "I want you," says Dude. "That's nice, I want you too, but it ain't happnin'," I say. Which he follows up with, "I thought you had a dating blog?" "Yeah, it's a dating blog–not a f*cking blog, maybe you should read it and find out why I'm not f*cking you," I say (without hesitation).

"Wants" can't always be so easily dismissed though... Take brie for instance. I go weak. I can't be left alone with a wheel of brie. It's highly likely that I will devour the whole thing in one sitting, regardless of the amount of fat/calories already consumed that day. I prefer it room temp btw, with some kind of preserve and water cracker... yumm.

My needs vs. wants
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I made Mouth and May join in my pondering:
Mouth's need vs. want
Photobucket
May's need vs. want
Photobucket

Interesting how I flipped my words... It's like–I know I need this but I want that.
Conclusion: I yawn at your wants, but jump at your needs. I'm a sucker for my wants.

Oh, I found these the other day (randomly)...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: