Keats vs. Coco

Photobucket
This weekend I checked out 2 movies that were recommended by gf's... Bright Star, about the romantic poet John Keats and Coco Before Chanel (self-explanitory). Bright Star moved a bit slow, but I still dug it. Abbie Cornish did a stellar job as the female lead. Coco Before Chanel made an instant lover out of me. She is a true hustler in the best sense of the word. My new heroine–the forever bachelorette. Look at those eyes... she obviously means business.

The following are some famous quotes from both artists:
Keats...
The excellency of every art is its intensity, capable of making all disagreeable evaporate.
–I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections, and the truth of imagination.
I want a brighter word than bright.
–You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I was dissolving.
–O for a life of Sensations rather than of Thought
s!

Coco…
–In order to be irreplaceacle, one must always be different.
–You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
–A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future.
–Arrogance is in everything I do. It is in my gestures, the harshness of my voice, in the glow of my gaze, in my sinewy, tormented face.
–As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!

–The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!

No comments: