Friday Dedication

This goes out to all the dudes out there that like to pose this question:

"So, why are you still single?"

I would give you the full "effer salute", but I believe (in general) you honestly intend this to be a compliment. Unfortunately, that is not how we are receiving it. We are immediately put on the defense. We assume that you assume there is something wrong with us. The following are a couple responses that come to mind:
  • I’m single because I’m a picky witch
  • I’m single because all my options look and smell like you
  • I’m single because I’m the type of girl that keeps a list of dealbreakers
  • I’m single because my big mouth is overpowering for your weak frame
  • I’m single because I can anticipate the trouble you’ll bring and I’d rather not
  • I’m single because my last boyfriend interfered with my mandatory 8 hours
  • I’m single because I don’t go out till 10 and all the reasonable men are home by then swirling ‘round their whiskey stones
  • I’m single because I’m unimpressed with your day job and your small dreams
  • I’m single because I fear the wrath of your baby Mama
  • I’m single because you tried to red box my @ss on the 2nd date
  • I’m single because you won’t stop posting your dumb@ss opinions on facebook
  • I’m single because I do celebratory dances at every small victory and am a sore freakin’ loser
  • I’m single because as soon as you asked me that question I counted you out
  • I’m single because you had a nasty upbringing and have weak family values
  • I’m single because you watched Swingers one to many times and still draw quotes from it
  • I’m single because I feel the need to have this “I’m single because” list and you’ll read it and count me out
  • I’m single because you have no sense of humor
  • I’m single because you don’t believe in mattress pads or shower curtain liners
  • I’m single because I’m always thinking of how our offspring will look
  • I’m single because you have no new tricks to show me
  • I’m single because you think I need sensitivity training
  • I’m single because your beer of choice is Bud
  • I'm single because I care about silly things like your beer of choice and I don't even drink beer
  • I’m single because you max out at a 6.75 and I can reach a full 10
  • I’m single because your cojones are the size of apple jacks
  • I’m single because your not an @ss-man
  • I’m single because you’d insist on me taking that horrible last name of yours
  • I’m single because THIS is how I react when unfed
  • I’m single because I think (know) I’m REALLY special damnit

No comments: